Tour Route: Side Streets
-

Gott’s Roadside (formerly Taylor’s Refresher)
Generations of local residents and travelers have patronized the hamburger stand that Popsy Taylor first opened in St. Helena in…
-

1401 Grayson Avenue
St. Helena’s first high school held classes at the local Presbyterian Church for one year in 1895. In 1896, the…
-

Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch (formerly James and Unity Logan Home)
“J. T. Logan is laying out a street 60 feet wide. He has already built three cottages,” reported the St.…
-

1050 Charter Oak
In 1878, John Ramos and Frank Sciaroni operated Napa Valley’s 2nd Sherry facility. Sciaroni’s Winery and Distillery dominated the intersection…
-

835 Charter Oak Avenue
835 Charter Oak Olive groves can still be found in Napa Valley, reflecting a period when there were several olive…
-

1313 Spring Street
Native Sons of the Golden West Parlor #53 has been active in St. Helena since 1885. Active in documenting and…
-

1216 Church Street
In 1875, when the St. Helena Viticultural Society was organized, the founders and officers decided they needed a warehouse for…
-

1310 Oak Avenue
This single story building was built circa 1905. It faces Oak Avenue but is set back on Money Way that…
-

1327 Railroad Avenue
This stuccoed building was built in 1875. It has two sections that form an L-shaped plan. In 1886, called the…
-

1420 Spring Street
The Cumberland Presbyterian Church of St. Helena was organized in 1863 on Spring Street. In 1873, the church was damaged…